Spilling over from winter, men’s coloured trousers are making a huge splash this summer – from chinos to jeans to shorts, all getting a pop of bold colours to brighten up your wardrobe. This trend is easy to incorporate into your existing wardrobe and is easy to pull off if you get the basics right.
Here are a few style tips to help you out when putting together your coloured trouser look:
- Coloured trousers come in a wide variety of styles, so stick with what works for you – skinny, straight cut, shorts, or chinos, it all comes down to what best suits your body type.
- If you are reluctant to go all-out with a bright pink pair of skinny jeans, then stick to darker tone like plum, deep green, or navy blue.
- Pair your coloured trousers with a masculine top – by adding a leather or military inspired jacket to your look, your can tone down the “bubble gum pop” colours to better suit your personality.
- Stick with neutral shirts and Ts – with so much going on at the bottom, keep your top simple and neutral to avoid looking like a clown. Go for colour block Ts, or distressed denim shirts if you want a fashion forward look, but stay away form overly-busy printed shirts.
- If however you do want to go all-out with colours, remember to pair your coloured trousers with a top from the same colour family or play with good colour combinations like blue and purple or pink and green.
- Try to keep your coloured shorts knee length or slightly shorter – and stick with slim-fit designs to ensure an on trend summer style.
Prices (from top left):
Navy blue chino shorts available form TedBaker – Price R927.16
Sunset orange slim-fit chinos available from TedBaker – Price R1 061.54
Teal slim-fit jeans by J.Crew available from MrPorter – Price R1 943.42
Bright red chino shorts available from TedBaker – Price R927.16
Plum chinos by Exmouth available from Reiss – Price R1 489.43
Blue gray jeans by Hentsch Man available from MrPorter – Price R3 054.00
Dusty pink slim-fit jeans by Faconnable available from MrPorter – Price R2 498.77