Thinking of going on a cruise? Well, this incredibly technological advanced and massive ship is the world’s largest passenger vessel, the MS Allure of the Seas. Designed in 2006 the building began in 2008 in Europe (Finland) and she made her maiden voyage on December 5, 2010. The ship’s home is Port Everglades, near Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, and she is the sister ship of the Oasis of the Seas (who is a mere 2 inches shorter, due to an anomaly).
It features the first seagoing Starbucks Coffee stand, the first Brtitto Store and features the first time passengers can enjoy entertainment and events with Dreamworks Animation characters, amongst a host of other “firsts”.
Allure of the Seas has one-of-a kind entertainment performances, culinary concepts, retail venues and technology innovations. An architectural wonder at sea, Allure’s “neighbourhoods” are divided into seven distinct themed areas, which include Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone.
- Weighs 225,282 tons
- 1,187 feet (360 metres) long
- 208 feet (64 metres) wide
- 213 feet (65 metres) high, from the waterline
- 22 knots cruising speed
- 4 bow thrusters with 7,500 horse power each
- 16 passenger decks
- 24 passenger elevators
- 5,400 guests (double occupancy)
- 6,296 guests total
- 2,384 crew (from apprx. 80 countries)
- Youth spa
- 158 state-of-the-art cardio and resistance machines
- Pilates, kickboxing, yoga and spinning classes
- 4 pools and 10 whirlpools
- Tranquil poolside Solarium area
- 2 Flowriders, sports courts, mini-golf and Zip line
- Solarium Bistro, Wipe Out Café and Bar
- Casino Royale
- Opal Theatre – 1,380-seat venue
- Blaze Nightclub, Jazz on 4, Comedy Live