Wireless is, more than likely, the most useful device ever created, saving kilometres of cabling and a whole lot of labour, as well. Now the future is that all electronic devices will be powered wirelessly. Forget about having to plug your device into the wall, or having multi-plugs attached to multi-plugs. The next big thing is high-frequency microwave beams that will permeate our homes, providing power wherever it’s needed. Of course, by then we will be teleporting to work and have a way to prevent any problems caused by EMF radiation.
Until then we can have small luxuries, like the AirVolt Wireless iPhone Charger. We aren’t joking about the wireless-charging part. Simply slide your phone into the receiver case, place it on the power tray and watch, in amazement, as your phone charges wirelessly via induction. It works just as quickly as a standard charger and automatically powers off once your phone is completely charged.
• Compatible with iPhone 3G/3GS.
• Works via induction (Tesla would be so proud of us).
• Charges as fast as a standard charger.
• Automatic power-off.
• Built-in extra USB power port.
• Dimensions: 14cm x 11.5cm.
• A/C Power: 100-240V.
• Includes a charging tray, receiver, A/C power supply and instructions.
You can get it from ThinkGeek for $49.99.