EFC Africa’s first ever Cape Town event promises to be the most spectacular yet. The fight card already looks stacked, and with more to be announced, this is event is not to be missed…
EFC Africa 13 Fight Card:
- Dallas Jakobi vs. Jadyson Costa (Welterweight Championship)
- Bernardo Mikixi vs. Calven Robinson
- Don Madge vs. Leon Mynhardt
- Martin van Staden vs. Michiel Opperman
- Dino Bagattin vs. Francois Kabulu
- Norman Wessels vs. Dain Neveling
- Wade Henderson vs. James Le Roux
- Ricky Misholas vs. Mahmoud Hassin
- Abdul Hassan vs. Leo Gloss
- Mahmoud Salama vs. Jason Culverwell
- Johan van Staden vs. Alain Ilunga
- And more…
Featuring the welterweight division’s most important fight yet, EFC Africa 13 see’s Durban local Dallas Jakobi take on Cape Town’s Jadyson Costa for the welterweight title. The event will also feature another massive welterweight war as Martin van Staden and Michiel Opperman clash to decide who is next in line to challenge the champion, whilst Dino Bagattin seeks redemption for his loss at EFC Africa 12 and now faces Francois Kabulu. At light heavyweight, Durban knockout machine Dain Neveling takes on former heavyweight champion Norman Wessels, and at featherweight, Leo Gloss makes his long awaited return to the hexagon, facing Abdul Hassan, the most experienced athlete in the division. Wade Henderson re-enters the middleweight division against James Le Roux and looks forward to another shot at working his way through the ranks.
Underlining the great fight card for EFC Africa 13 are the impressive EFC Africa 12 TV ratings, which on the 2 March blew other sports ratings away and clocked a peak audience of over 1.6 million viewers, pulling 25.9% of the total available South African TV audience (SABC, e.tv and DSTV combined). Comparing EFC Africa to other locally aired sport, these are some of the highest recorded figures so far this year.