We previously checked out the evolution of jeans in our article Jeans, Golrious, Jeans, but now take a look at these awesome tips that will allow you to get the most out of your jeans.
1) When you are purchasing your jeans you need to be certain that they are the right pair for you. When you are in the store, try the jeans out. Don’t be lazy and assume they will fit well because you know your waist size. Spend a good couple of minutes wearing them. Observe how they set with your shoes. Walk around with them, sit down and even squat. If you are ok with that assessment then you are on the right track.
2) Make sure that you choose a garment that is fashioned from a superior quality of fabric as you obviously don’t want jeans that are going to tear after a few washes. Keep an eye out for brands that are deemed denim specialists (not unlike True Religion) to ensure you are purchasing a superior product. Be very weary of jeans that stretch too much as they can be problematic. In all likelihood they will lose shape after a few washes.
3) Ensure that you purchase the correct fit of jeans. The fit has to compliment your body type. Slimmer cuts compliment slimmer figures, creating the illusion of added leg and enhanced posture. Fuller figures should select jeans with a high rise that will complement the bottom, rendering better curve without too much emphasis on the hip.
4) Refrain from ironing your jeans. Firstly it is considered committing fashion suicide if you do so as it looks dreadful. The creases in your denim add character and give you a bit of rugged machismo. Applying intense heat to your jeans can cause it to expand and stretch. The heat and steam can also damage the fibers and even add an unwanted shine.
5) As much as possible, do not wash your jeans too often. The only time you should wash your jeans after every wear is if you are repeatedly staining them as a result of your lumoxesque mannerisms. Repeated washing will cause your jeans to fade faster than a Chumbawamba career. Repeated washing also results in your jeans losing its shape a lot faster and they will certainly wear out sooner.
6) Your jeans must be stored in the proper fashion. Before your jeans are stored, ensure that they are completely dry after you have washed them. Damp material can easily develop fungus under certain conditions. Keep them away from the lighter coloured fabrics as the indigo-dye can stain your other garments. Don’t use hangers with clips that hold the pants at the waistband. The waistband can fray and also stretch as a result. Wire hangers are not ideal for jeans because they are too thin and in some instances cause fading.
In conclusion there, is nothing left to say (for now) other than… keep it trendy and more importantly stick to these tips and get the most out of your jeans.